APR: Steps in the Review Process
Each faculty member must record their academic and professional activities for the past year, conduct a self-assessment of their goals for that year, and set goals and objectives for the next year. The Department Chair or an assigned evaluator, such as a Division Chief, then reviews and evaluates the faculty member’s performance during the past year and their goals and objectives for the next year in a written evaluation and face-to-face discussion.
The APR form is completed electronically and is color coded to reflect who is responsible for completing each section.
- The Department completes Section I (individual information) and Section VI, Parts B, C, D (clinical performance data) for each faculty member and sends to the faculty.
- The faculty member completes Sections II–XI and returns the form to the department.
- The evaluator or supervisor evaluates the faculty member's perfomance in Section XII and signs the form.
- The faculty member and evaluator meet to discuss the evaluation and the faculty member's future goals.
- The faculty member may provide optional comments on their evaluation in Section XIII. The faculty member signs the form.
- The Department Chair (if they are not the evaluator) provides an evaluation in Section XIV and signs the form.
- The form is submitted to the Office of Faculty Affairs.