Preparing for Promotion Series
The Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) supports the academic affairs of faculty at UMMS, including oversight of academic appointments, promotion and tenure, faculty and department reviews, and governance and policy of the school
These workshops (offered three times yearly), are designed to provide information and resources for UMMS faculty who are considering promotion in the near future. The three-hour general workshop covers topics 1-4. The fourth hour focuses on tenure.
- Promotion at UMMS - An overview of the promotion process: Who makes decisions and what you need to do
- Are You Ready for Promotion?- Do you meet the criteria? How is the process initiated?
- Effective CVs - An effective CV is essential for your promotion package and to promote your accomplishments
- Reference Letters, Teaching Evaluations, and the Narrative Statement - Important components of the promotion package
- Tenure - The criteria and process for the award of tenure.
For information about the promotion process at UMMS, including CV guidelines and template, Reference Letters, Teaching Evaluations, and Narrative Statements, please visit this webpage
OFA staff are available for individual consultation with faculty on career planning, promotion and tenure, and other concerns.
Please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs with questions or to set an appointment.