Thought for the Day
“What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” - Vincent van Gogh
I think we all have a tendency to stay within our comfort zone. It can be unsettling to attempt new and unknown situations. However, some of life’s greatest experiences come from stepping outside of our comfort zone and having the courage to try something new. We can accomplish anything we set our minds to, so do not limit yourself. Life offers so many incredible opportunities – we just need to have the awareness to see them and the courage to achieve them!
Today, have the courage to step outside of your comfort zone. How did it feel? What did you learn?
To receive a weekly Thought for the Day email, click here.
Free anonymous screening is available for depression, alcohol abuse, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, generalized anxiety disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder and adolescent depression.
Click here to start a free anonymous screening now.
News You Can Use
- Knowledge is Power conference for families impacted by their loved one’s disease of addiction - June 22
- MBSR: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction - begins the week of June 24
- A Mindful Way Through Depression MBCT: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy - begins the week of June 24
- Suicide Loss Support Series - ongoing
- Worcester Community Connections Coalition & Worcester Family Resource Center
- Mindfulness Practice Opportunities
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR)
- Hope Floats Healing and Wellness Center
- Simonds-Hurd Complementary Care Center
News You Can Use
- Anthony Rothschild, colleagues warn of dangers of marijuana use among public
- A Noninvasive Therapy To Improve Mental Health That Won't Cost You A Penny
- Recover from Caregiver Burnout
- What You Can Do Tonight for a Better Workday Tomorrow
- Are Your Habits Making You Stressed?
- Three Ways to Help Your Stressed-Out Teenager
- Simple Tips for Managing Your Emotions Through Meditation
- Ways to Declutter Your Mind
- Be a Supportive Ally to Gender Diverse Individuals
- Summer Camps and Programs for Children
- Exercise for Optimal Mental Health: Here’s Why Moving Can Be as Effective as Drugs
- The New Science of Positive Aging
- 10 Tips on making Summer Camp a successful experience for your kids!
- Vaping - The New Look of Nicotine Addiction