ConnectIT in a nutshell
ConnectIT is the first team-building event organized by the UMMS IT department for IT employees. The goal of this campagin is for us get to know people from different teams/departments, exchange ideas, develop new friendships, and most of all – have fun together.
What's in it for me?
One of the best parts of of this event is that each team will get a half day off to go and do something fun! No strings attached – the 4 hours will be on us, but organizing the fun is up to you and your team! The only requirement is that you can only use that half a day off if you register and take part in a group event.
The rules are simple!
- Register for the event by filling out the form on the right.
- We will assign you to a team with 9 or so people from other teams/departments (that's why we ask you to share your team/department). Those from Charlestown/Schrafft may decide to form a group from their local location or opt to join a team
- Your team will meet, get to know each other, and decide who'll be the team leader (the central point of contact for communication and logistics).
- Decide (as a team) what you want to do and when you will do it.
- Take the half day and enjoy your adventure together. Hooray!
- Take pictures and videos of your team's adventure, and send them to us so we can post it to the website. Show the other teams how you had more fun then they did.
Some ideas for what you can do with your team
Hiking, Kayaking, Escape the Room, Indoor Rock Climbing, Worcester Art Museum, Geocaching, Tower Hill Botanical Gardens, Tri-State Speedway (go-carts), Dinner Party, Bowling, Pub crawl, Sightseeing, Attend a performance, Go to the Zoo, Camping, Picnic, Take a cooking class, Bungee Jumping . . . and the list goes on!
. . . and lastly, some boring logistical stuff
- Sign Up by April 15th, 2017
- The fun must take place from April 15th - June 30th, 2017
Stay current with ConnectIT
Keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter for #ConnectIT, and check out our blog to see how your colleagues are enjoing their time. You might get some good ideas for your team's adventure!
So what’s next?
Hurry up and register! And be sure to tell your colleagues about this event so they can enjoy the fun, too!
If you have any questions, please email us at EngageIT@umassmed.edu.