Audio Conference Bridge
The Avaya Audio Conference Bridge is a service that provides the ability to have up to 20 participants on a conference call at one time. Because this service is provided by the University, participants do not need to use an outside service to conference calls at a fee.
Audio Conference Bridge Resources
1. Conference Bridge Instructions
2. Moderator Guide
To ensure that all Participants hang up properly from the Conference Bridge, the Moderator should Terminate the Participants at the end of every Conference by using the following method: Press: ##
- Polycom speaker phones should be used with the conference bridge when one is available. A Polycom contains a full duplex speaker phone which allows calls to be clear and free of interference.
- Do not place your telephone on hold. Music on hold will play to everyone until the line is picked up.
- Use the "Mute" Button on your telephone, if you need to step away
- Participants using their regular office phone should use a headset or the handset, not the speaker phone. An office telephone may cause the call to cut in and out if the speaker is on.
- Polycom Speaker Phones should be used with the conference bridge when one is available. A Polycom contains a full duplex speaker phone which allows calls to be clear and free of interference.
For more information or to setup an account, please contact the Information Technology HelpDesk. Provide your name, supervisor/managers name and department and a Communication Technologies representative will contact you to review the process.
Note: Three (3) business days are required to create your account. Once created, you can use the system as needed by using the instructions below.
After your account has been established you can access the system following the directions below:
- Dial 6-8222 from an internal line on the UMass Medical School system or Dial (508) 856-8222 from an external line outside of the UMass Medical School system.
- At the voice prompt: Enter you Moderator or Participant Security Code and Press the # Key.