Leadership Development Conference
The EMPOWER Summit 2 is a one-day immersive, interactive leadership development opportunity for women faculty of UMMS, including UMMS-Baystate. The program is for mid-career and senior women, aspiring leaders and those in a new leadership position. The conference is being held May 18, 2018.
Women clinicians and scientists bring unique perspectives, strengths, and opportunities to academic health centers. Women have yet to achieve leadership positions proportional to the numbers being trained. Leakages and blockages in the pipeline are numerous and multifactorial. According to the AAMC Faculty Engagement Survey, women might benefit from:
- Clear role expectations and advancement pathways
- Equitable and diverse workplaces
- Opportunities for development and advancement
Building off of the inaugural EMPOWER Summit in 2017, the second EMPOWER Summit will continue to prepare women faculty leaders (new and aspiring) for executive leadership roles.
- Develop women leaders through knowledge and skill acquisition necessary to lead confidently and competently.
- Create peer and leadership and mentorship networks to share perspective, expertise, and support -within and beyond the program.
- Mid-career and senior women faculty of UMMS, including UMMS-Baystate
- Aspiring and new leaders
- MD, DO, PhD, DNP or equivalent advanced degree
- Commitment to attend the full-day program
To view the dynamic lineup of speakers, click here.
To view the tentative schedule, click here.