Leadership Development Conference
The third annual EMPOWER Summit is a one-day immersive, interactive leadership development opportunity focused on gender equity in medicine and leadership, and the role leaders play in increasing faculty engagement, mitigating burnout and promoting vitality. Current and aspiring women leaders, and the men and women who mentor or sponsor them are welcome to attend. The conference will be held at UMMS on Friday, May 17, 2019.
Women clinicians and scientists bring unique perspectives, strengths, and opportunities to academic health centers. Women have yet to achieve leadership positions proportional to the numbers being trained. Leakages and blockages in the pipeline are numerous and multifactorial. According to the AAMC Faculty Engagement Survey, women might benefit from:
- Clear role expectations and advancement pathways
- Equitable and diverse workplaces
- Opportunities for development and advancement
Building from the first two EMPOWER Summits in 2017 and 2018, the third EMPOWER Summit will continue to prepare women faculty leaders (new and aspiring) for executive leadership roles.
- Develop women leaders through knowledge and skill acquisition necessary to lead confidently and competently.
- Create peer and leadership and mentorship networks to share perspective, expertise, and support -within and beyond the program.
- Aspiring and new women leaders who are faculty of UMMS and UMMS-Baystate OR
- Mentors and sponsors of women faculty (men and women welcomed)
- MD, DO, PhD, DNP or equivalent advanced degree
- Commitment to attend the full-day program
To view the dynamic lineup of speakers, click here.
To view the tentative schedule, click here.