Research Career & Writing Group "K-Club"
The UMass Center for Clinical and Translational Science Research Career & Writing Group (K-Club) was established in 2007. Most faculty who participate and apply for a research career award have been very successful in getting funded (>80% success). The Group meets monthly to provide information and feedback on academic career development and on preparing a Research Career Award application (NIH K Awards, VA Research Career Awards, CTSA K12 grants, etc.).
Faculty will receive:
- Feedback on CV development
- Help on preparing NIH biosketches
- Support on creating yearly career development plans
- Individualized help on developing career goals and program of research
- Support with writing the career development grant application
- Guidance on selecting and working with primary and secondary mentors (if needed)
Of note, Mock Board Review sessions and review of prior grant applications / NIH review committee feedback are demonstrated for the group. Outstanding senior mentors, including Drs. Nancy Byatt and David McManus attend the meetings and provide additional information and perspectives. Dr. Rob Milner, from the UMMS Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA), assures a close partnership with the OFA in providing additional supplementary information.
** Meetings are held every other week on Wednesday from 4-5PM. Please email CCTS@umassmed.edu for the current schedule. **