TTS Core Training
The TTS Core Training is an intensive 4 - day, evidence-based training program designed for persons who deliver moderate to intensive tobacco treatment services within a health care or community setting. The curriculum is designed to address a set of core competencies for tobacco treatment specialists first defined by the Massachusetts Certification Steering Committee in 1998, and further defined by the Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence (ATTUD)www.attud.org.
Dates of the next TTS Training
- September 15 - 18, 2014. (Agenda and Hotel Information). Registration deadline is August 25, 2014.
- April 13 - 16, 2015. Registration deadline is March 23, 2015.
Who is Eligible to Apply
The course is designed for health workers who want to master the necessary core competencies for providing evidenced-based treatment for nicotine dependency. The following criteria must be met before attending the core training:
- Completed Basic Skills for Working with Smokers course or be registered for either the online or in-person course before you register for TTS Core training.
- Completed Basic Skills for Working with Smokers course either online or in-person at least 2 weeks before starting core training.
- You must be tobacco-free for six months prior to attending core training.
CEU’s are available for RNs (27), CHES/MCHES (22.5), Social Workers (22.5), Mental Health Counselors (22.5), Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (22.5) and a general certificate of completion (22.5 contact hours) for all other participants. To view a list of the organizations that have approved the CEUs go to TTS Course CEUs.
For more information go to: