Contracts and Research Agreements
Contracts and Subcontracts
OSP leadership and teams review and negotiate research agreements and subcontracts. Please forward the following to OSP for review prior to the receipt of an award:
- For Contracts:
- a completed and fully signed PeopleSoft Routing Form
- a detailed internal budget worksheet
- a completed and signed Conflict of Interest Disclosure Summary for each UMMS key person
- For Subcontracts:
- the above, plus a Statement (or Scope) of Work
- OSP will generate Letter of Intent
UMass Medical School is responsible for monitoring the programmatic and financial activities of its subrecipients in order to ensure proper stewardship of sponsor funds. Subawards are subject to federal and/or agency-specific regulations established by the prime sponsor.
This guidance has been developed to assist administrators at the department and central level with subrecipient monitoring. The use of these tools and scope of monitoring procedures should be determined by the PI and administrators based on the nature of the grant and the perceived risk associated with the subrecipient. All of the following forms are optional; however, additional monitoring efforts should always be implemented if there is any question about the subrecipient’s ability to ensure proper use and financial management of sponsor funds during any stage of the award.
The Clinical Research Administrators of Human Research Protection Program review and negotiate clinical study agreements.
Sponsored Research Agreements
The Office of Technology Management (OTM) reviews and negotiates specific research agreements involving licensing and intellectual property. Proposals and budgets for industrially sponsored research are reviewed by OSP and OTM in advance of submission to the company.
Please submit the following documents to the Grants & Contracts office for review:
- a completed and fully signed Routing Form;
- a detailed internal budget worksheet;
- a completed and signed Conflict of Interest Disclosure Summary