Faculty Advancement and Development Liaison
The Faculty Advancement and Development Liaison (FADL) was initiated in 2008 with the overall goal to ensure that faculty advanced academically in a timely manner. Each department had a faculty member selected to be a FADL representative who served as a liaison between the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA), the Department Chair or Division Chief, and the department faculty and identify faculty who were ready to prepare for promotion to the next academic rank. The FADL representative linked faculty with appropriate resources. The FADL was disbanded in the Fall 2015.
With the following new programs in place, the OFA will be able to stay active in ensuring our faculty advance academically:
- Preparing for Promotion Workshops
- Peers for Promotion: Facilitated Peer Mentoring
- Junior Faculty Development Program
- Online Resources for Promotion
- Individual Promotion Consultations