Instructions for Submitting Content to the UMMS Faculty NewsWire
The UMMS Faculty NewsWire facilitates communication with the faculty at the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS).
- The request is sponsored in whole or part by a UMMS department, program, center or organization (e.g., Student Body Committee).
- Subject matter is appropriate for distribution to faculty-at-large (Note: if the announcement pertains to a broader audience – staff, students, & faculty – contact the Office of Communications for distribution at email@example.com).
- No file attachments are permitted. Hyperlinks to webpages or online content are permitted; however, the requestor or sponsor is responsible for posting content online.
- Faculty surveys for research purposes are not permitted.
- Title of subject matter
- Speaker Name (if relevant)
- Deadline Date or Event Dates to be published / Time / Location
- Name of Sponsoring Department(s)
- 1 to 2 sentences describing the announcement or event (additional sentences only if absolutely necessary)
- Submit with hyperlinks already set to online resources (i.e. posters or content)
Note: The OFA retains the right to edit or reject announcements as necessary
For a format example, see the most recent NewsWire here
Announcements will be included in the next NewsWire edition following an initial request, and when reminder announcements are appropriate will be included one month from the date (event or deadline), then one week from the date. Exceptions will be made for Calls for Applications and Nominations.
• Submit requests by Friday noon for publication the following Monday (exception for holidays).
• Email formatted requests to firstname.lastname@example.org