You may occassionally need to work from offiste. In order to do this effectively, we have provided you with a way to work remotely. Listed below are two sets of brief instructions on how to use this service, one for Macs and another for PCs.
Please be aware that only UMass Medical School access will be encrypted when using the VPN.
Junos Pulse client will run on any client endpoint that has the following minimum configuration.
||Intel/AMD, 1.8GHz, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
||2 GB RAM
||Install: 25Mb/ Log: 50Mb
||10/100/1000 Wired Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
Browsers and Java Environment
Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional/Home Basic/Home Premium on 32-bit or 64-bit platforms
Windows 8 Normal Edition/Pro on 32-bit or 64-bit platforms
Windows 8 Enterprise 32-bit platforms
Vista Ultimate/Business/Home-Basic/Home-Premium with Service Pack 2 on 32-bit or 64-bit platforms
XP Home with Service Pack 3 (32-bit only) (IPv6 features are not supported)
XP Professional Service Pack 3 (32-bit only) (IPv6 features are not supported)
Internet Explorer 8.0
Internet Explorer 7.0
Firefox 3.0 and above
Oracle JRE 6 and above
Max OSX 10.6.8, 32-bit
Max OSX 10.7.3, 32-bit
Max OSX 10.8, 32-bit
1. Go to remote.umassmed.edu and login with your UMassMed username and password
2. Click on the Add Terminal Session button under Terminal Sessions
3. Enter either the name of the computer you would like to its IP address under Host and switch the Color Depth to 32 bit.
4. Under Authentication, next to Username, enter umassmed\ followed by your username (without any spaces)
5. Check off any of the boxes you would like under Connect Devices, Connect to Local Printers is usually very useful.
6. Click Add.
7. On the main page you should now see a link under Terminal Sessions. Click that and follow the instructions to connect to your chosen device.
- Verify with the help desk that you have Tier 2 access.
- Download Remote Desktop Client for Mac (found here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12&ls=1
- Go to remote.umassmed.edu and sign in
- Go to Pulse Secure and click Start
- Minimize your browser and open Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Hit the plus sign above New.
- The two important sections are PC Name and username. Be sure to find your IP address or computer name for use here, if you do not know how to do this, please contact the helpdesk. Under username enter the domain\your username. i.e. umassmed\username.
- Once you have successfully indtalled it,you may also open the Junos Pulse application in your Applications folder and then use RDC.
- If there are no connections listed, press the plus (+) button, then fill in the fields as follows. When completed, click Add.