Be a Mindfulness Champion, attend July 14 session!
Posted On: Monday, July 11, 2016
Mindfulness practice opportunities are now available at all UMass Memorial Health Care in Worcester at no cost to employees. Mindfulness Champions are individuals trained in how to facilitate mindfulness meditation practice sessions at the nationally recognized UMass Center for Mindfulness. Attend (at no cost) the July 14 6PM Champions training, at the Center for Mindfulness in Shrewsbury, MA. Mindfulness is well documented as a stress reduction technique through the UMass Center for Mindfulness. The mindfulness champion practice sessions occur every Monday – Thursday at the various UMass Memorial locations. To expand these opportunities, more Mindfulness Champions like you are needed.
Mindfulness Champions will:
- Attend the July 14 Champions training, 6 pm at the Center for Mindfulness
- Schedule a practice(s) at your work location as your schedule and job duties permit (The Diversity and Inclusion Office can assist)
- Invite your colleagues or patients (The Diversity and Inclusion Office can assist)
- Facilitate practice sessions using simple techniques and smartphone based tools
- Provide a sign in sheet for attendance at the sessions and send completed sheets to Diversity and Inclusion Office contact
To sign up go here: https://umasscfm.wufoo.com/forms/mindfulness-in-medicine-champion-training/ or
To find out more email us: firstname.lastname@example.org