MBSR Practice Teaching Intensive | SR-502
SR-502Train-the-Trainer: MBSR Practice Teaching Intensive
Seven live, online sessions
Train-the-Trainer MBSR Practice Teaching Intensive (PTI) focuses on the development of knowledge, skills, responsibilities and attitudes needed by trainers to convey the key components of the MBSR Practice Teaching Intensive (PTI) to their future MBSR teacher trainees.
PTI is a thorough investigation of the ethos of MBSR and the principles of being an MBSR teacher and MBSR Teacher Trainer. Pedagogical methods needed to facilitate the intensive format of this highly interactive, collaborative learning experience are taught and demonstrated. Assessments for new MBSR teachers are reviewed and applied.
- Define how to approach and teach the ethics, expectations, goals, and objectives of the MBSR curriculum
- Identify and frame key PTI course components, methods, and rationale as applied to MBSR teacher development
- Describe and discuss elements of adult learning and group formation, including challenges and cohesion
- Refine group skills necessary to introduce peer teaching learning activities
- Demonstrate knowledge of teacher assessment tools and methods and employ those that support the developing MBSR teacher
- Develop, refine and demonstrate understanding of self, peer, and teacher feedback principles employed in the PTI course
- Communicate core MBSR teacher responsibilities to PTI students
- Clarify the purpose, principles, processes, and ethical considerations particular to PTI
- Identify essential components of a sustainable mindfulness training program, including MBSR teacher readiness and competency criteria
In this sequence of seven online sessions, the MBSR teacher trainer will develop the skill and knowledge to convey the key components of the highly interactive, collaborative learning experience of the MBSR PTI. With curriculum study, practice leading course components, as well as introducing approaches to feedback, the teacher trainer develops and strengthens the capabilities and sensitivity needed to deliver the rigorous training of MBSR teacher trainees within the format of the MBSR Practice Teaching Intensive.
Participants will investigate the purpose, principles, processes, and ethical considerations particular to teaching the PTI; discuss approaches that clarify the underpinnings of the MBSR curriculum; refine group skills necessary to introduce peer teaching learning activities; and employ critical features related to feedback and assessment.
Teacher trainees will also learn activities related to teaching others how to impart core MBSR themes, guide meditation practices and engage in group dialogue and inquiry. Particular attention will be given to meeting challenges within the group and between participants, as well as developing strategies and strengthening the capacity for sustained dynamic stability in the midst of highly charged situations.
Learning to support depth and skill in the emerging MBSR teacher, the teacher trainee will explore methods to deepen inquiry, introduce the range of responsibilities assumed as an MBSR teacher, and support students’ ongoing development by communicating assessment of teacher competencies.