MBSR Online Live | SR-201-WEB
Throughout the program you will be consciously and systematically working with the challenges and demands of your everyday life. Your instructors will create a safe and supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Systematic instruction in formal MBSR meditation practices, with opportunity to check in with teachers
- Online resource materials and video conferencing
What is the MBSR 8-Week Live Online program?
This program addresses the needs of those interested in taking the MBSR 8-Week program with others, but are unable to physically attend the in-person program. The entire course is delivered live through video conferencing. Rather than meeting in-person, participants engage with the teacher and interact with one another through their computer during class time, and for home assignments and practice.
A computer and high-speed internet connection are required. Mobile devices such as phones and tablets are not recommended.
What is the course structure and commitment?
The Live Online MBSR program consists of:
- Orientation (required for enrollment)
- Eight weekly classes, 2 1/2 hours each (31 hours direct instruction)
- One All-Day class on a Saturday or Sunday, between classes 6 and 7
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
View the week-by-week Course Outline.
You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practice daily home assignments for eight weeks. If you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled class, we encourage you to make up the class by attending a different class that same week.
How much does it cost?
Click here for Tuition and Payment Plans
3 easy steps to get started
- Look at the class & orientation schedule to determine the day and time that work for you.
- Review the Technology Requirements, to make sure you have (or can access) the required equipment for video conferencing.
- Complete the Application Form
MBSR Online Live Class Schedules - Summer 2019 TBA
|Live Online MBSR Classes||Time||Dates||Orientation (required)||Instructor|
|All-Day Class (required)||TBA||TBA|
|*The first class is extended an additional thirty minutes and the last class is extended an additional hour.
Times listed are US Eastern time, Worcester, MA. To check the corresponding time in your time zone, please click here
|Summer Session begins week of June 24 (registration details TBA)|
Classes and orientations fill quickly. The best opportunity to select your first choice is now.
The first step toward enrollment in the Stress Reduction Program is an Orientation Session - before the start of classes. These Orientation Sessions are required of all participants before beginning the program. During these sessions you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Stress Reduction Program and explore whether it is right for you
- Meet our program instructors
- Experience, first-hand, mindfulness methods and approaches you will be learning during the program
- Confirm your place in the class that fits into your schedule and enroll in the program.
Apply online to reserve your place in an upcoming Orientation Session. If you are unable to apply online, please 508-856-2656 (Option 1).
The All-Day class is an intensive 7.5 hour session of mindfulness practices intended to assist participants in firmly and effectively establishing the use of mindfulness across multiple situations in their lives, while simultaneously preparing them to utilize mindfulness far beyond the conclusion of the MBSR program.
This all-day class takes place between weeks six and seven. The intensive nature of this session is intended to assist you in firmly and effectively establishing the use of MBSR skills across multiple situations in your life. Having established a daily mindfulness practice during the previous 6 weeks, you will be better prepared to benefit from this class.
*Please note the all-day class for online MBSR also takes place online.
To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, the program relies on video conferencing which has minimum requirements to work properly. That includes having a computer with speakers, microphone, and video capabilities, and a high-speed internet connection.
For the best learning experience:
- Review the computer set-up and requirements for the Blackboard Learning Management System
- Run the browser checker for the Blackboard Learning Management System
- Review the system requirements for the Zoom online meeting platform
- Try out a test meeting
- Test your audio and video in the meeting
- Watch the video tutorial below