Brant Rogers, MS, RYT
Certified MBSR Teacher, Teacher Trainer
ERYT500, Yoga Alliance, 2004
MS, Biological Sciences, University of Wyoming, 1975
BS, Environmental Science, Huxley College, 1972
Focus & Interests
- Supporting the learning and development of MBSR teachers
- Supporting the learning and development of university students as they incorporate mindfulness practice into their professions and personal lives
- Developing and delivering mindfulness-based trainings for high-stress occupations; firefighters, police officers, dispatchers, legal professions, medical professions
- Developing and delivering mindfulness-based trainings for organizations; corporations, government agencies, non-profit groups
- Mindfulness-based modes of teaching yoga and therapeutic movement
Brant Rogers is a certified MBSR teacher and certified yoga instructor (ERYT500). He has been teaching MBSR since 2007 and began yoga and contemplative practices in 1994 learning through a variety lineages. In the early 2000’s he began long-term teacher training with the faculty at the Center for Mindfulness. While teaching MBSR year-round he has also developed, tailored, and taught mindfulness trainings in a variety of settings; government agencies, universities, research programs, corporations, schools, hospitals, and non-profit agencies.
Since 2004 Brant has owned and operated The Stress Reduction Clinic & Yoga Hillsboro near Portland, Oregon. He teaches ongoing MBSR, mindful yoga classes, and a variety of mindfulness-oriented and self-care workshops in his classrooms there. He also teaches throughout the region as he develops specialized mindfulness-based trainings for organizations. He was affiliate research and teaching faculty on an NIH- funded research study and pilot mindfulness training program at Pacific University, 2013-2017. He has developed a community-based referral network of over 200 clinicians who referral their patients and clients to his trainings knitting the local healthcare community together via MBSR and mindfulness and mindful yoga practices.
Prior to becoming a mindfulness and yoga instructor he had been a Peace Corps Volunteer in both Asia and Latin America, for many years a USDA researcher, and then worked for over a decade as a corporate executive developing a variety of programs and trainings.
Brant lives and works in Hillsboro, Oregon.
Professional Experience, Publications, & Affiliations
- Owner and principal instructor, The Stress Reduction Clinic at Yoga Hillsboro
- Consultant with the Commence Research Initiative on Definitions and Concepts of Mindfulness. Northwestern University. 2017-2019.
- Research and teaching faculty, Pacific University, 2014-2018: Mindfulness-based trainings for graduate students, trainings and research with police officers.
- Member: Society for Participatory Medicine, Yoga Alliance (ERYT500), International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Journal Articles and Research Papers Published: Fourteen since 2009, listed at the US National Library of Medicine: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/browse/collection/49559625