- Kabat-Zinn, J., Massion, A., Kristeller, J., Fletcher, K., Bell, A., Linderking, W., and Santorelli, S.F. Effectiveness of a meditation-based stress reduction intervention in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Amer. Journal Psychiatry (1992) July
- Davison, R., Kabat-Zinn, J., Schumacker, J., Rosenkrantz, B.A., Muller, D., Santorelli, S.F. et al. Alterations in Brain and Immune Function Produced by Mindfulness Meditation. Psychosomatic Medicine 65:564-570 (2003)
- Santorelli, S.F. Heal Thy Self: Lessons on Mindfulness in Medicine. Random House/Bell Tower, 1999 (5th reprinting) Translated into German and Dutch
- Salmon, P., Santorelli, S., Kabat-Zinn, J. “Intervention elements promoting high adherence to mindfulness-based stress reduction programs in the clinical behavioral medicine setting.” In Handbook for Health Behavior Change, Judith K. Ockene, Ph.D. (Ed) Springer, 2008)
- Salmon, P., Santorelli, S., Kabat-Zinn, J. “Intervention elements promoting high adherence to mindfulness-based stress reduction programs in the clinical behavioral medicine setting.” In Handbook for Health Behavior Change, Judith K. Ockene, Ph.D. (Ed) Springer, 1998, pp.239-266
- Santorelli, S.F. “Mindfulness and Mastery in the Workplace: 21Ways to Reduce Stress During the Workday.” Book chapter in Engaged Buddhist Reader, Parallax Press, Berkeley, CA (1996) (Revised)
- Mindfulness-Based Elder Care, McBee, Lucia, Springer (2008)
- A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, Stahl, R; Goldstein, E , Springer (2010)
- Santorelli, S.F. “The Program Mandala for the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society: Clinical and Educational Quadrants.” In: Indra's Net: The Bulletin of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Network March 1998 Vol.3 Issue 1
- Santorelli, S.F. “Gathering Ourselves Together: A Teacher Development Intensive in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction.” Indra's Net: The Bulletin of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Network June 1997; Vol.2 Issue 2
- Santorelli, S.F. “Qualities and Qualifications for Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Instructors.” Indra's Net: The Bulletin of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Network July 1996; Vol. 1 Issue 2
- Santorelli, S.F. "What Does It Mean To Teach Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction?” Indra's Net: The Bulletin of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Network July 1995; Vol.1 Issue 1
- Santorelli, S.F. “Mindfulness and Mastery in the Workplace: 21 Ways to Reduce Stress During the Workday”, Buddhist Peace Fellowship Newsletter, Berkeley, CA, Fall (1987).
- The Stress Reduction Program Bulletin – Periodic newsletter to all referring providers offering research and other pertinent information about the UMMS Stress Reduction Program (Frequency: 40 weeks per year)
- First Principles and Standards of Practice for Trainers of MBSR Teachers, Kabat-Zinn, J, Santorelli, SF et al. - distributed globally (2011)
- Santorelli, S.F. and Kabat-Zinn, J. (Eds) Integrating Mindfulness Meditation into Medicine and Health Care: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Curriculum Guide and Supporting Materials, Center for Mindfulness Professional Education and Training Resource Manual, 2011 (Revised)
- Santorelli, S.F. and Kabat-Zinn, J. (Eds) Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Scientific Papers from the Stress Reduction Clinic and the Center for Mindfulness 2004-1982. Center for Mindfulness Professional Education and Training Resource Manual, 2011 (Revised)
- Santorelli, S.F. The Pull of the Soul Toward the Possible: The Emerging Vision and Work of the Center for Mindfulness, 2001“White Paper” distributed via internet and regular mail
- Santorelli, S.F. Ears: A Sensory-Awareness Handbook for Teachers. Grant supported by the Massachusetts Council on The Arts and Humanities 1978.
Multimedia Educational Materials
- Santorelli, SF, “The Healing Power of Mindfulness” – 5-CD Guided meditation program
- Santorelli, SF, “Mindfulness in the World: Widening the Circle” – Produced a 45 minute film documenting the spread of mindfulness-based stress reduction worldwide produced
- Facebook, Twitter, YOUTUBE and Google brief interviews and film clips about upcoming Center for Mindfulness programs and conference
Santorelli, S.F. “A Qualitative Case Analysis of Mindfulness Meditation Training: Implications for the Development of Self-Knowledge.” Doctoral Dissertation - University of Massachusetts (1992) May
- Santorelli, SF, Enjoy Your Death: Leadership Lessons Learned in the Crucible of Organizational Death and Rebirth Infused with Mindfulness and Mastery. Special Issue of Contemporary Buddhism (on mindfulness) Volume 11, No. 1, 2011. Online version: 24th June, 2011, In print version: 5th July, 2011
Abstracts and Posters
- Kabat-Zinn, J., Skillings, A., Santorelli, S.F., Mumford, G., Levi Alvares, D., “Effectiveness of mindfulness-based stress reduction with a medically-underserved inner city population.” Poster presented at national meeting of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, San Francisco, March 1993.
- Weinberger, J, McLeods, C., Mc Clelland, D., Santorelli, S.F., and Kabat-Zinn, J. “Motivational change following a meditation-based stress reduction program for medical outpatients.” Poster presented at 1st International Congress of Behavioral Medicine, Uppsala, Sweden, June 28, 1990.
- Kabat-Zinn, J., Tarbell, S., French, C., Santorelli, S.F., Dubois, J., Curley, P., and Irwin, R. “Functional status patients with COPD following a behavioral pulmonary rehabilitation program.” Poster presented at SBM Meetings, Boston, April 1988.
- Kabat-Zinn, J., Sellers, W., and Santorelli, S.F. “Symptom Reduction in Patients Following Stress Management Training.” Paper presented at The Association for Advancement of Behavioral Therapy, 20th Annual Convention, Chicago, 1986.