Basic Skills for Working with Smokers - Online Course
This self-paced, online course is designed for health workers who want to be well-grounded in the theory and practice of working with clients who are tobacco dependent. It provides an introduction to the basic concepts needed by professionals who are working with tobacco users.
The course consists of nine modules:
1. The tobacco problem
2. Health consequences of smoking
3. Understanding tobacco use disorder
4. Principles of behavior change
5. Talking with clients about tobacco use
6. Using pharmacotherapy to help your clients quit tobacco
7. Intake, assessment and treatment planning
8. Creating an environment supportive of tobacco treatment services
9. Tobacco control resources & TTS certification information
CEU’s are available for RNs (14.4), CHES/MCHES (12), Social Workers (12), Respiratory Therapists (12), Registered Dental Hygienists (12), Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CADAC/CAC/LADC.) (11) and a general certificate of completion (12) for all other participants. To view a list of the organizations that have approved the CEUs go to Basic Online Course CEUs.
For more information go to: