Recertification is required every 2 years. A total of 15 continuing education units (CEUs) that relate to tobacco treatment specialist core competencies must be earned during the 2-year certification cycle and submitted to UMass Medical School for recertification.
CEUs may be earned in 4 categories:
- Attendance at tobacco treatment related conferences, workshops, seminars, conference calls or webinars.
- Review of current tobacco treatment related articles from peer-reviewed journals (maximum of 5 from this category).
- Presentations at conferences, workshops or trainings, or participation in TTS Review Boards (maximum of 5 from this category)
- Successful completion of graduate level work in a related field, including coursework in addictions, counseling or educational theory (maximum of 8 CEUs from this category).
For more information go to:
- Re-certification Policy (.doc)
- Re-certification Application
- Core Competencies