What’s new with the flu?
- Expanded flu fairs called Flupalozza feature extended hours at multiple locations with quicker, more efficient lines and some fun, including drawings for prizes and more
- Vaccination season: Free flu shots provided from October through December only
- Upgraded quadrivalent vaccine to cover four strains of the flu
- New orange flu vaccination stickers to be placed on badges
- Flu shots not available at Employee Health Services
Flu season is coming!
The Fall 2014 Flupalooza schedule is posted below and will be announced in News & Views. Note: vaccination at the Flupalooza events is highly encouraged as flu shots will not be available through Employee Health Services (EHS). This will allow EHS staff to meet the many health needs of all our employees.
Student Health Services will NOT be holding flu clinics this year. All clinics will be held by employee health on the following dates:
October 15, 7 am - 6 pm, Noonan Concourse (outside Emergency Department)
October 25, 7 am - 1 pm, Cafeteria (MRI hallway)
October 27, 4 - 8 pm, Cafeteria (MRI hallway)
November 5, 6 am - 2 pm, Noonan Concourse (outside Emergency Department)
November 8, 2 - 6 pm, Cafeteria (MRI hallway)
November 13, 7 am - 5 pm, Noonan Concourse (outside Emergency Department)
Memorial Campus (all flu fairs at this campus will be held in the Amphitheater hallway)
October 9, 7 am - 6 pm
October 18, 7 am - 1 pm
October 22, 4 - 8 pm
November 3, 7 am - 5 pm
November 9, 2 - 6 pm
November 18, 7 am - 5 pm
Hahnemann Campus (all flu fairs at this campus will be held in the Cafeteria hallway)
October 22, 10 am - 2 pm
November 20, 11 am - 1 pm
Flu shots are mandatory for all clinical employees and students. Flu shots for the GSBS students are not mandatory, but strongly suggested.
Please dress accordingly. Wear clothing that easily allows access to the deltoid area of the upper arm.
If you have a blue hospital card please bring it with you.