The On Call Center (OCC)
The OCC is a 'hoteling' space for medical students and residents when scheduled for overnight call.
The OCC area is equipped with a kitchenette, complete with refrigerator, toaster, microwave and eating area. The OCC area also includes a lounge with comfortable furniture and television for use while on call. The OCC has wi-fi and cell phone reception, which has been tested for the major carriers. A clinical computer will be available soon.
The OCC is located on the A Level of the Hospital.
Walking from the Medical Schooltowards the Hospital, take a Right into the first hallway on A Level. You will pass the Parking Office, and the Neurology Clinic. The OCC will appear on the right immediately after Interpreter Services (located between the yellow and orange elevators).
• 4 multi bed rooms that can accommodate 4-8 students.
• 1 private room for students with special considerations.
• 3 additional private rooms are designated for Resident use
only in the OCC.
There are private male / female bathrooms.
Available in the hallway by the A Level Fitness Center.
• Access to the OCC is through your UMMS Student ID Badge.
• For additional security, each bedroom door is 'locked' with
a Code key.
All students were informed of this code via email. If you've
misplaced the code, please contact the Office of Student Affairs
via email at email@example.com and the code
will be sent to you or stop by the Office of Student Affairs.
Reserving a room
• Rooms area available on a first come first served basis.
• A sign in sheet is located on the front of each bedroom.
• If a bed is available, sign in.
• Please be sure to change the sign on the door to reflect
"Male or Female" occupants in the room for that evening.
• For Housekeeping issues please contact the number located
inside of each room.
• For administrative/logistical questions please contact Judy
Holewa at 508-856-1829 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or the Office of Student Affairs.