Welcome to the Class of 2016! Below please find a list of important dates and events that have been scheduled for your transition to UMass Medical School. Please check back often for updates.
April 26 & 27, 2013
Medical School Lobby
Second Look/ Spring Orientation Weekend
Feel free to contact the Office of Student Affairs with any questions regarding Second Look Weekend. 508-856-2285/508-856-1829 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please rsvp by 4/5/13 for second look weekend at email@example.com.
- Please inform us if you will be requiring overnight accomodations with a student on Friday night and if so, male or female household?
- Please also inform us if you will be attending on Saturday and the number of guests that will be joining you (maximum of 2).
|August 1 - 4, 2013|
UMASS Outdoor Experience (MOE)
"Optional event" at Three Rivers Whitewater in West Forks, Maine.
Downloadable flyer and materials: MOE 2013 Flyer
This event is coordinated by the current first year medical students. M.O.E. is a 3-day event of MOElympics, camping, hiking, white water rafting, and fun times by the campfire. It is a great way to meet your classmates before school starts - always highly rated by the students and always a lot of fun.
|August 5 & 6, 2013||Laptop Distribution (more details to follow)|
|August 7, 2013|
|First Day of School/ Transition to Medical School Curriculum|
|August 8, 2013|
11:15 am - 4:30 pm
|Meet your Mentor / Buddy/ Housemates/ Introduction to Learning Communities |
|August 8, 2013|
5:30 pm -8:30 pm
|The Dean's Picnic on the Campus Green - (formal invitation to follow)|
|August, 16, 2013|
1:15 pm - 3:00 pm
Hosted by the Class of 2016. The Activities Fair is a showcase for student groups, student organizations, field specific interest groups, community service programs, etc. This is a great opportunity to talk to second year students about getting involved and enriching your educational experience at UMass.
See listing of all UMMS student groups (umassmed.edu/studentaffairs/studentgroups.aspx)
Are you looking for a Roommate? We have an editable Google doc to help facilitate your search. This link will only be shared with current or accepted UMass students.
- Contact Student Affairs office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can verify your status at which point we can provide you with the necessary link.
- Enter your information in the appropriate columns
- When your roommate search is complete, please go back onto this document and remove your information.