2016 Combined Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunity
Ten Week Program - May 29 - August 5, 2016
2015 Summer Fellows
The University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) Combined Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunity is a non-credit, ten-week, structured research experience sponsored by UMMS Office of School Services. The program consists of "hands-on" laboratory research with an investigator serving as a mentor, role model and advisor.
The Combined Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunity is funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) and UMMS Office of Research.
The program is designed to provide participants in-depth exposure to actual bio medical research. Participants will create career-building connections between researchers, post docs, graduate students, and peers. The program encourages participants to consider biomedical research as a viable career choice.
Why should I apply?
• Intense research experience in state of the art laboratories
• Summer Research Fellows receive a stipend of $4000. Stipends are paid to participants in three payments over the ten week program
• Travel and housing is paid for and arranged by the program
• Transportation is provided week days to and from the campus
• Participants prepare and present a professional research poster