Sidney Kadish, MD
1967, M.D. University of Chicago
1968-1971, Massachusetts General Hospital
1972, American Board of Radiology
Peer Reviewed Journal Papers
- Anacak Y, Kamer S, Miller R, Kadish S, et al. Primary MALT lymphoma of the salivary glands: A Multicenter Rare Cancer Network study of 63 patients. Presented at the 48th Annual Meeting of ASTRO, Phila. PA. Nov. 2006. Submitted to Int Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biol and Physics, December, 2009.
- Mayo C, Ding L, Fitzgerald TJ, Kadish SP et al. Initial experience with Volumetric IMRT (Rapid Arc) for Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery. Submitted to Internationa Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology and Physics, July, 2009.
- Piperdi M, McDade TP, Shim JK, Tseng JF, Kadish SP, et al. A neoadjuvant strategy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma increases likelihood of receiving all components of care: lessons from a single institution database. Submitted to Surgical Oncology, April 2009.
- McDade TP, Hill JS, Simons JP, Kadish SP, et al. A national propensity-adjusted analysis of adjuvant radiotherapy in the treatment of resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Accepted by Cancer, September 2009.
- Pica A, Miller R, Villa S, Kadish SP, et al. The results of surgery, with and without radiotherapy, for primary spinal myxopapillary ependymoma: a retrospective study from the Rare Cancer Network. Int J Rad Onc Biol Phys. 74(4)pp1114-1120; July 15, 2009.
- Fitzgerald TJ, Kadish SP, et al. Radiation therapy toxicity to the skin. Dermatologic Clinics 26 (1), Jan. 2008; pp 161-172.
- Fitzgerald TJ, Kadish SP, et al. The effect of radiation therapy on normal tissue function. Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America 20(2006), pp. 141-163.
- Belkacemi Y, Bousquet G, Kadish SP, et al. Outcome and prognostic factors of Phylloides Tumors of the breast: A Rare Cancer Network study. Presented at the annual meeting of ASTRO October, 2004; Int J Rad Onc Biol Phys, Supplement 1: Vol 60; Sept ’04, S 209. Published in Int J. Rad. Onc Biol Phys 70 (2); pp. 492-500, Feb. 2008.
- Ozsahin M, Tsang RW, Kadish SP et al. Outcome and patterns of failure in solitary plasmacytoma:a Rare Cancer Network study of 258 patients. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology and Physics Vol 64 No. 1:pp. 210-217, 2006.
- Kadish, SP. Can I treat this small larynx lesion with radiation alone? Update on the management of early (T1 and T2) glottic CA. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, 38(2005) pp1-9.
- Urban, S.D., Hall, J.M., Bentkover, S.H., Kadish, S.P. Salivary duct carcinoma of minor salivary gland origin: report of a case involving the cavernous sinus. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002 Aug; 60 (8): 958 – 62. No abstract available. PMID: 12149749 (PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE)
- Cutts, J. , Lee, G. Berarducci, M., Thomas, C., Dempsey, P.K., Kadish, S.P. Goosebumps. Lancet, 2002 Aug 31, 360 (9334):690. No abstract available PMID: 12241877 (PubMed – Indexed for MEDLINE)
- Kadish, S.P., McCauley, S.E.: Clinical Problem-Solving: When Too Much is Too Little (letter). N Engl. J Ed 336:1459, May 1997.
- Karp, D., Singer, M.B., Kadish, S.P. and Kavanaugh, M.: “Oncology Emergencies”, Cancer Manual, American Cancer Society, Massachusetts Division, Boston, MA, 9th Edition pages 165 –182, 1996.
- Recht, L., Fram, R., Strauss, G., FitzGerald, T., Liepman, M., Lew, R., Kadish, S., Sherman, D., Wilson, J., Greenberger, J., Egan, P., Silver, D.: “Preirradiation Chemotherapy of Supratentorial Malignant Primary Brian Tumors with Intracarotid cis-Platinum (CDDP) and I.V. BCNU”, A Phase 11 Trial. AM J Clin Oncol (CCT) 13 (2)-pages 125-131, 1990.
- Karp, D., Kadish, S.P., and Kavanaugh, M.: “Oncology Emergencies”, Cancer Manual, American Cancer Society, Massachusetts, division, Boston, MA 8th Edition, pages 450-465, 1990.
- Sherman, D.M., Mangini, L., Poirier, P., Kadish, S.P.: “Double Blind Comparison of Loperamide and Placebo in the Treatment of Radiation-Induced Diarrhea.” Advances in Therapy 6:3, pages 103-111, 1989.
- Kadish, S.P., Cohen, N., Conway, H.W., Sherman, D.M., Schwartz, J.H., Strauss, G.M., and Ricciardi, P.: “Induction Chemotherapy and Full Course Irradiation for Advanced Head and Neck Cancer: A non operative approach with results comparable to surgical series”. Second International Head and Neck Oncology Research conference, Arlington, VA, September 10-12, 1987, Gregory T.Wolf, M.D., ed., pages 265-270.
- Kadish,S.P., Cohen, N., Conway, H.W., Sherman, D.M., Schwartz, J.H., Strauss, G.M. and Ricciardi, P., “Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy and Irradiation for Stages III and IV Head and Neck Cancer-Is Radical Surgery Necessary? Proceedings of the 5thInternational Conference on the Adjuvant Therapy of Cancer V, Tuscson, AZ, pages 129-139, 1987.
- Book review of : “Radiotherapy Treatment Planning” by Richard F. Mould in Radiology, Vol. 159, #1, page 222, April 1986.
- Karp, D., Kadish, S.P. and Kavanaugh, M.: “Medical Emergencies:, Cancer Manual, American Cancer Society, Massachusetts Division, Boston, MA, 7th edition, pages 359-372, 1986.
- Cohen, A., Kaufman, S. and Kadish, S.P.: “Colorectal Cancer”, Cancer Manual, American Cancer Society, Massachusetts Division, Boston, Massachusetts, 7th edition, pages 359-372, 1986.
- Kadish, S.P. and Sherman, D.M.: Radiation Therapy for Malignant Neoplasms of the Salivary Glands (letter). N Engl J Med 307:955, October 1982.
- Kaufman, S., Cohen, A., and Kadish, S.P.: “Cancer of the Colon and Rectum: Cancer: A Manual for Practitioners, American Cancer Society, Boston, Massachusetts, 6th Edition, pages 202-211, 1982.
- Kadish, S.P. , Danford, R. , Felton, L.M. and Ascoli, F. A.: Intracavitary Irradiation of Pelvo-Calyceal Transitional Cell Carcinoma with Iridium 192. Urology 18: 453-455, November 1981.
- Vergo, T.J. and Kadish, S.P.: Dentures as Artificial Saliva Reservoirs in the Irradiated Edentulous Cancer Patient with Xerostomia: A pilot stud. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Vol 51: Suppl. 3:299-233, March 1981.
- Simpkins, G.S., Ascoli, F.A., Sherman, D.M. and Kadish, S.P. : A Simple Device for Detection of Patient Movement During Radiation Therapy. Radiology 138:735-736, March, 1981.
- Kadish, S.P. : More Details of Radiation Therapy Needed (letter). N Engl J Med 300:203, January 25, 1979
- Simpkins, G.S., Urie, M.S. and Kadish, S.P.: A Device for Insuring The Congruency of Opposed Irregularly Blocked Fields. Radiology 126:261263, January 1978.
- Kadish, S.P., Bruckman, J.E. and Perry, M.E.: Retroperitoneal Germinoma Marked by Elevated Serum Lactic Dehydrogenase. Cancer 37:931-934, February 1976.
- Kadish, S.P., Goodman, M.L. and Wang, C.C.: Olfactory Neuroglastoma: A Clinical Analysis of 17 Cases. Cancer 37: 11571-1576, March 1976 (Selected fro Abstract in Yearbook of Cancer 1977)
- Kadish, S.P., Goodman, M.L. and Wang, C.C.: Treatment of Minor Salivary Gland Malignancies of Upper Food and Air Passage Epithelium: A review of 87 cases. Cancer 29: 1021-1026, April 1972.
- Schantz, A. , Schiller, A.L. and Kadish, S.P.: Localized Fatty Replacement in Irradiated Vertebral Bone Marrow: A Frequently Misdiagnosed Lesion. ARCH. PATH 92:187-190 September 1971.
- Kadish, S.P. X-Ray Seminar #117: Unilateral Hypacusis and Facial Swelling. JAMA 216:2000-2001, June 21, 1971
- Kadish, S.P.: X-Ray Seminar # 116: Epistaxis in a Teenage Boy. JAMA 216: 508-509, April 1970.
- Kadish, S.P. : The Offending Muse (letter). N Engl J Med 282 (16):930, April, 1970.
- Klepetar, T., Kadish, S.P., Ferrucci, J.T. and Janower, M. : Accelerated Oral Cholecystography Using Ipodate Supplementation. JAMA 211 (13): 2154-2155, March 30, 1970.