1972, MB Ch.B. University of Birmingham, UK
1976-1978, Dana Farber Cencer Institute, Medical Oncology
1978-1980, Joint Center for Radiation Therapy
1980-1982, Massachusetts General Hospital, Radiation Medicine
1979, American Board of Internal Medicine
1982, American Board of Radiology
Peer Reviewed Journal Papers
- Harris JR, Sawicka J, Gelman R, Hellman S: Management of locally advanced carcinoma of the breast by primary radiation therapy. Int J Radiat Onocol Bio Phys 1983; 9: 345-9.
- Lindfors KK, Meyer JE, Busse PM, Kopans DB, Munzenrider JE, Sawicka JM: CT evaluation of local and regional breast cancer recurrence. Am J Rad 1985;145:833-837.
- Carey RW, Sawicka JM, Choi NC: Cytologically negative pericardial effusion complicating combined modality therapy for localized small- cell carcinoma of the lung. J Clin Oncol 1987:5:818-824.
- Schwartz LH, Koerner FC, Edgerton SM, Sawicka JM, Rio MC, Bellocq JP, Chambon P, Thor A: PS2 expression and response to hormonal therapy in patients with advanced breast cancer. Cancer Res 1991; 51:624-8.
- Swanson RS, Sawicka JM, Wood WC: Treatment of carcinoma of the breast cancer in the older geriatric patient. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1991; 173:465-9.
- Stacey-Clear A, McCarthy KA, Hall DA, Pile-Spellman ER, Mrose HE, White G, Cardenosa G, Sawicka JM, Mahoney E, Kopans DB: Calcified suture material in the breast after radiation therapy. Radiology 1992; 183:207-8.
- Greenberg DB, Sawicka JM, Eisenthal D, Ross D: Fatigue syndrome due to localized radiation. J.Pain Symptom Manage1992; 7:38-45.
- Lee PC, Sawicka JM, Glasgow GP: Patient dosimetry quality assurance program with a commercial diode system. Int J Radiat Onocol Bio Phys 1994; 29:1175-1182.
- Sawicka J, Dawson DM, Blum R: Neurologic aspects of the treatment of cancer. In (Tyler HR, Dawson D, eds): Current Neurology Vol I. Boston: Houghton Mifflin 1978:301-335.