Instructions for use of InspirEase
InspirEase is a device used to deliver metered dose aerosol inhalers. The purpose of the InspirEase is to hold the drug particles released from the inhaler so that you can then inhale them into your lungs.
- Connect the mouthpiece to the reservoir bag by lining up locking tabs, pushing them into the bag and twisting clockwise to lock.
- Untwist the reservoir bag gently to open it to its full size. Shake drug cannister well before placing its stem into the mouthpiece filler. Make sure it fits snugly.
- Place mouthpiece in mouth and close lips tightly around it.
- Press down on drug cannister to release one dose into the bag.
- Breathe in slowly through the mouthpiece. If a whistling sound is produced, inhalation should be slowed until the sound stops.
- Breathe in the entire contents of the bag until further deflation is impossible and no more air can by taken in (sides are touching one another).
- Hold your breath slowly counting to five.
- Breathe out slowly into the bag.
- Take the mouthpiece out of your mouth and breathe normally.
- Repeat steps 2-8, ideally waiting 10-15 minutes between puffs. (Minimum waiting period is 3-5 minutes.)
- Take drug cannister off the reservoir bag upon completion.
- Cleaning: Clean only the mouthpiece thoroughly with warm running water at least once a day. It is not dishwasher safe.
Let mouthpiece dry completely before returning it to the case.
- Special Instructions: Reservoir bags should be replaced every two to three weeks or as needed. If there is a hole or tear, replace it immediately.