Safety Escort Service
When is the escort service available?
- The escort service is available primarily during the evening & night hours, however special consideration will be given depending upon individual circumstances.
How can I get an escort?
- Call the UMASS Police Business number at extension 6-3296.
Here are some general safety tips:
- During the hours of darkness, walk with a friend, or group you know.
- Call ahead to your destination, stating your route & estimated time of arrival.
- Use the lighted walkways throughout the campus.
- Make eye contact with others. Show an awareness of those around you.
- Use the phones in the Parking Garage to report suspicious activity, unusual behavior, or hazardous situations to the Police Dept.
- Keep your vehicle, and house or apartment doors locked at all times.
- Always have your vehicle & housing keys ready to use when needed.
- Know your neighbors, be aware of strangers, and watch out for each other in your neighborhood so everyone will be more safe.
- Report any suspicious people or activity to the Police immediately, regardless of where you are. If something doesn't seem right, trust your instincts and let the Police check it out.
THE MISSION OF THE ESCORT SERVICE IS TO PROVIDE A SAFE, DEPENDABLE AND COURTEOUS CAMPUS TRAVEL FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF AND GUESTS OF THE COMMUNITY.