Being an Effective Mentee
Some tips on how to get the most out of your mentoring relationship.
- Schedule regular meetings; Come prepared!
- Set expectations for the mentoring relationship
- Be open to feedback and critique
- Respect the time and other commitments of the mentor—if a meeting gets cancelled YOU should be certain it gets rescheduled
- Use multiple forms of communication to keep information flowing
- Keep your commitment to action steps OR be prepared to discuss why you were unable to meet your commitment