Welcome to the Office of Faculty Affairs!
The faculty are the “heart and soul” of the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS). The Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) is committed to enhancing the development and advancement of our faculty. We provide support and resources to faculty to pursue their goals within the missions of research, teaching, and clinical service, and to facilitate faculty career advancement and leadership.
The Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and the OFA address vital needs for all faculty across the three schools of UMass Worcester: Orientation & Networking, Development & Mentoring, Equity & Diversity, and Academic Affairs. These “cores” are vital to the function and impact of the OFA within the organization. View the links below for more information about the programs and resources that we offer in each of these areas.
The OFA is actively engaged in efforts to nurture and develop faculty talent, enhance organizational vitality, and promote work-life integration. New initiatives for this academic year include an expansion of mentoring opportunities, individualized career consultation and coaching, and an enhanced faculty recruitment process. Our efforts include:
- faculty/leadership development workshops offered throughout the year
- tailored programs to support faculty with specific needs—including junior, mid-career, and senior faculty, those new to the institution, women and minority faculty, and those navigating the promotion and tenure process
- scholarships for faculty to attend national faculty development conferences
- initiatives to support faculty satisfaction and career flexibility across the lifespan
- individual consultation to faculty members—please contact us to arrange an appointment.
The bottom line: the OFA is here to help YOU, the faculty, be successful in your career. We can help you navigate the complex academic environment to pursue academic excellence while maintaining work-life balance. Check out our newest offerings; browse our website; come out and meet your colleagues at a faculty networking lunch!
Questions? Contact Us! Tel: (508) 856-3244 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org