Programs for Women's Advancement and Leadership
The Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) supports a variety of programs and initiatives to foster equity in the availability of resources and opportunities for advancement, focused particularly on leadership and women faculty. Four initiatives that highlight our efforts in this area are:
- The Leadership Series: Seminars and workshops by national speakers and UMMS experts address approaches to leadership that can improve and enhance leadership skills.
- Gender Equity Initiative (GEI): a study to investigate whether there were discrepancies in faculty compensation by gender or race.
- Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM): a competitive and highly selective program focused on preparing senior women faculty to move into positions of institutional leadership.
- Joy McCann Professorship: a three-year Professorship to identify and reward female faculty leadership in medical education, research, patient care and community service.
Committees & Work Groups
- Women's Faculty Committee: The mission of the Women’s Faculty Committee is to address the needs of women faculty and promote the status of women at UMMS and in the UMass Memorial Health Care clinical system.