Leadership Development Conference
The EMPOWER Summit is a two and a half day conference is an immersive, interactive, leadership development opportunity for mid-career and senior women faculty. The conference is being held March 16-18, 2017.
Call for applications is now closed.
Thursday, March 16th, 11:00am-6:30pm
Friday, March 17th, 8:00am-8:30pm
Saturday, March 18th, 8:00am-4:30pm
Speakers and Topics: http://www.umassmed.edu/ofa/equity-diversity/empower/empower-speakers/
Women clinicians and scientists bring unique perspectives, strengths, and opportunities to academic health centers. Women have yet to achieve leadership positions proportional to the numbers being trained. Leakages and blockages in the pipeline are numerous and multifactorial. According to the AAMC Faculty Engagement Survey, women might benefit from:
- Clear role expectations and advancement pathways
- Equitable and diverse workplaces
- Opportunities for development and advancement
The EMPOWER Summit will prepare women faculty leadrs (new and aspiring) for exectuive leadership roles.
- Develop women leaders through knowledge and skill acquisition necessary to lead confidently and competently.
- Create peer and leadership and mentorship networks to share perspective, expertise, and support -within and beyond the program.
Key Competencies Addressed
- Self-assessment of leadership strengths and challenges
- Vision setting, strategic planning, organizational change
- Finance and budget management
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict management and communication
- Building a team: managing, and motivating people
- Balance: caring for self, resilience,and mindfulness
- Mid-career and senior women faculty of UMMS, including UMMS-Baystate
- Aspiring and new leaders
- MD, DO, PhD, DNP or equivalent advanced degree
- Completed Application including CV*
- Chair or Division Chief approval
- Commitment to attend entire program