Getting Started in Research Grants
Applying for a Research Grant or Contract
Research is a major focus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School. The links below provide information about applying for research funding and resources for research.
Click here for information about starting up your lab.
Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR), for information about all research activities at UMMS.
Grant, Contract Process, and Approval System
Looking for collaborators?
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science (UMCCTS)
- Office of Clinical Research
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) (Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research)
- Clinical Trials Unit
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) (internal access only) for research involving animals
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (internal access only) for research involving recombinant DNA or biohazards
- Conflict of Interest
Core Facilities for Research
- Research Core Facilities
- Quantitative Methods Core (Department of Quantitative Health Sciences) provides clinical research support in biostatistics, experimental design, and data management