Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine Program
The Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) Program is a year-long, intensive opportunity for senior women to progress into leadership positions. ELAM's program develops the professional and personal skills required to lead and manage in today's complex healthcare environment, with special attention to the unique challenges facing women in leadership positions.
UMMS sponsors the participation of senior women faculty in ELAM. The Office of Faculty Affairs assists faculty in the preparation of application materials for ELAM. For more information, please contact the OFA or go to the ELAM website.
Previous ELAM Participants at UMMS
- Ellen Gravalese, MD, Professor of Medicine and Chief of the Division of Rheumatology (2012-13 Class)
- Jean King, PhD, Professor and Vice Chair for Research of Psychiatry and Director of the Center for Comparative Neuroimaging (2011-12 Class)
- Julia D. Andrieni, MD, Professor and Vice Chair of Medicine and Chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine (2010-11 Class)
- Katherine F. Ruiz de Luzuriaga, MD, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Chief of the Division of Pediatric Immunology, Infectious Diseases and Rheumatology, and Associate Provost for Global Health (2010-11 Class)
- Deborah M. Demarco, MD, Professor of Medicine, Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education (2009-10 Class)
- Gyongi Szabo, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Sciences (2009-10 Class)
- Julia V. Johnson, MD, Professor and Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology (2007-08 Class)
- Michele P. Pugnaire, MD, Professor of Family Medicine and Community Health, Senior Associate Dean for Educational Affairs (2006-07 Class)
- Luanne E. Thorndyke, MD, Professor of Medicine, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs (2001-02 Class)
- Joanna M. Cain, MD, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology (1995-96 Class)