- 1 lb. Extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 jar salsa
- ½ cup zucchini, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup mushrooms, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Olive oil
- Tobasco Sauce
- Shredded low-fat cheese or soy cheese
- Heat about 1-tbs. olive oil in large skillet. Sauté onions and turmeric until translucent. Add in tofu and other vegetables, gradually. Sauté until tofu slightly browned and vegetables cooked. Drain off any water.
- Mix well with salsa. Season to taste with Tobasco. Top with cheese if desired.
Serving size: 1 cup
150 calories; 8 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 4 g fiber; 1900 IU vitamin A; 63 mg calcium; 400 mg sodium (to lower sodium, replace salsa with diced tomatoes)