1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Wash and dry vegetables and cut into 1” cubes.
3. Place vegetables in baking pan, drizzle olive oil, garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt over them potatoes, and mix until vegetables are well coated
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flip and stir vegetables every 10 minutes to assure even cooking.
5. Test for doneness by inserting fork into the vegetables. They should be tender yet hold their shape.
6. Remove from oven, cool about 10 minutes.
Recipe serves 12.
Key Nutrition Facts:
These roasted veggies are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, and help to decrease inflammation in the body. This is particularly helpful to the IBD patient as the digestive tract is often very inflamed.
Sweet potatoes and regular potatoes come from different food families. Sweet potatoes are in fact neither a regular potato nor a yam! Your grandmother may have told you to eat your carrots, sweet potato, or other yellow-orange vegetables so that you will have good eyesight. Why? The human body can turn these carotenoids into compounds critical to the health of your eyes. By the way, other green leafy vegetables such as spinach, asparagus, and broccoli also contain carotenoids. The colorful compounds are just masked by the green chlorophyll pigment in these vegetables!
Total Fiber: 2.8g
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 0.8g
Good source of Vitamins A, C, E, K, beta-carotene, and antioxidants.