• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium or large onion white or sweet, chopped
• 12 oz. spinach or baby spinach
• 4 cups broth
• Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
(Having a food processor or an immersion blender is helpful for recipes like this)
- Heat oil in pot. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the spinach in sections, stirring it with the onions until it wilts.
- If you have an immersion blender blend the spinach in the pot and add broth
- If you do not have an immersion blender, remove onions and spinach from the pot and place in a food processer. Blend until smooth.
- Return the mixture back to the pot and add 4 cups preferably low sodium vegetable/chicken/beef broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce. It is ready to serve.
- Grate parmesan cheese to taste over soup.