• 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
• 1/2 cup drained, rinsed canned white beans
• 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• Salt and ground black pepper
Servings: Recipe serves 4.
Key Nutrition Facts:
Do you have enough fiber in your diet? Fiber is also a great food source for beneficial bacteria that live in the gut (the “good guys”). In addition, dietary fiber can also help lower cholesterol levels and it can improve sugar control for people with diabetes.
Note: Beans are better tolerated during the later phases of the IBD-AID diet. Increase your fiber slowly and increase water, as fiber can sometimes cause some uncomfortable bloating if added too quickly to your diet.
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Monounsaturated Fat: 6.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.3g
Total Fiber: 6.1g
Soluble Fiber: 1.8g
Folate: 79 micrograms