• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large ripe mango, diced
• 1 small red onion
• 1 avocado, diced
• ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
• 1 jalapeno pepper, minced with seeds removed (optional)
• ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1. Mix together the olive oil, mango, onion, avocado, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, and lime juice.
2. Serve with fish, other entree, or on its own as a delicious snack!
Servings: Recipe serves 4.
Key Nutrition Facts:
Avocado is a wonderful source of “good fat” (monounsaturated fat). Monounsaturated fats are thought to be cardio-protective because they decrease inflammation in the body. Mango, meanwhile, contains Vitamin C and potassium.
Total Fat: 12.4g
Saturated Fat: 1.7g
Monounsaturated Fat: 8.4g
Total Fiber: 4.2g
Good source of Vitamin C and Potassium