Simple Marinated Chicken Strips
Makes approx. 6 servings.
(great for a sandwich or salad!)
- approximately 1.5 pounds fresh skinless chicken breast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or cilantro
- Prepare marinade for chicken by mixing lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, pepper, and parsley/cilantro in a zip lock bag.
- Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Grill or cook on stovetop until tender and white through.
This chicken can be prepared in advance and used over the next 3-4 days in sandwiches, paninis, or salads for quick, tasty, and nutritious lunches. Choosing skinless chicken is best as it decreases saturated fats. Also, thin cuts of boneless chicken strips cook the fastest.