Yields 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ground beef (lean)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 10 spring onions (scallions) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium sized cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease an ovenproof baking dish with ½ tablespoon of the olive oil.
- In a stovetop pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté ground beef for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add cumin powder, salt, and pepper and cook over low heat until the ground beef is cooked through, another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the spring onions (scallions) to the mixture and stir for about 2 minutes, or until they soften slightly. Remove the pan from the stove, and mix in the lime juice. Place the mixture in the oven proof baking dish.
- Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower florets until tender. Puree or blend the cauliflower with the 2 Tbsp olive oil in a food processor until smooth (you probably can mashed it by hand). Then spread it evenly on top of the cooked ground beef. Add grated reduced-fat cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
▴ Back To Top