Severs 8 slides
- ¼ cup coconut milk (preferably light)
- 2 tablespoons honey –local is best
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8-half inch slices of Scrumptious Sandwich Bread (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 13 by 9-inch baking dish and soak the slices of bread in the mixture for 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bread slices in the oil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer the French toast to a plate. Repeat the process until all slices our done.
▴ Back To Top