- Our Team
- Neurological Bulletin
Welcome to the University of Massachusetts and The Stroke Program at the UMass Memorial Medical Center! The Stroke Center at the University of Massachusetts Medical School offers two (2) one-year ACGME-accredited Vascular Neurology positions. Fellows will gain experience from our busy clinical service and from our comprehensive curriculum will receive formal training in acute stroke treatments, observational interventional neuroradiology, intensive care stroke management, remote stroke telemedicine, multimodality stroke imaging, primary/secondary stroke prevention, neurosonology (carotid ultrasound and TCD), and cardiac imaging. The UMass Memorial Medical Center is a level I trauma center with 781 beds, the home of LifeFlight emergency helicopter service, with an ED that serves 140,000 annual visits. There are more than 800 patients admitted to the Stroke Service annually. The dedicated NeuroICU located at the University Campus Lakeside Pavilion has 16 beds and a burn unit. The 24 bed Neurology Floor features a 4-bed Step-down unit. The Stroke Center is a certified Primary Stroke Center and has received the highest designation from the AHA for stroke care. Fellows will participate in structured clinical trials, will have the opportunity to develop/participate in ongoing investigator-driven studies in clinical research, as well as learn animal modeling in stroke treatment and research.
Fellows are hired through the University of Massachusetts Medical School and are eligible for comprehensive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Vacation, sick, and personal time allowances are also available to each fellow. Stipends are commensurate with PGY-level. See Graduate Medical Education for more details.
• Dr. Raphael Carandang: Neurointensivist and Stroke Neurologist
• Dr. Richard Goddeau: Stroke Neurologist, Director of Stroke Fellowship
• Dr. Wiley Hall:Neurointensivist and Stroke Neurologist, Director of NeuroICU and Telestroke Services
• Dr. Nils Henninger:Stroke Neurologist
• Dr. Majaz Moonis:Stroke Neurologist, Director of Stroke Program and Stroke Prevention Clinic
• Dr. Susanne Muehlschlegel: Neurointensivist and Stroke Neurologist
• Dr. David Paydarfar: Stroke Neurologist , Vice Chair of Neurology Department
• Dr. Muhammad Ramzan: Stroke Neurologist
• Dr. Johnny Salameh: Stroke Neurologist, Director of Neurology Residency
Interested neurology residents should contact Dr. Richard Goddeau, Fellowship Director or Lois Holmes, Fellowship Coordinator at (508) 334-8173 or firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
UMass Memorial Stroke Center , Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award , Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital