Interested in Teaching Future Clinicians?
Thank you for your interest in our iCELS Standardized Patient Program.
Hours are variable and project assignments vary depending upon the educational objectives and demographics of each case. Cases are held at the UMASS Medical School iCELS and throughout the Boston area. Upon hiring you will be enrolled in the UMASS Medical School Human Resources as a per diem employee.
As a standardized acting patient, it is important that you are able to meet minimum requirements in order for us to remain in contact with you and appropriately schedule assignments.
- Simulate one or more medical problems.
- Act as a patient for medical interviews and physical examinations.
- Complete checklists on- examiner's history taking and physical diagnosis skills.
- Provide corrective feedback to medical students and residents on their medical interviewing skills and physical examination techniques.
- Demonstrate Standardized Patient skills at workshops for faculty.
- Travel to various medical schools and residency programs to demonstrate, teach and evaluate their students and staff.
- Assist in training of new Standardized Patient Instructors.
- Standardized Patient Director evaluates job performance to maintain consistency in performance and reliability in scoring.
- To have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate articulately with all levels of the Program.
- Ability to commute to UMASS Medical School reliably.
- Complete scheduled training and to acquire competency in the assigned material to the satisfaction of the Standardized Patient Coordinator.
- Exhibit appropriate personal appearance, manner and hygiene when acting as a representative of the Standardized Patient Program.
- To observe the criterion of confidentiality and conduct oneself in a professional manner
We are very proud of our Standardized Patient Program and aim to provide the highest fidelity services possible. Our standardized patients must be reliable, have flexible availability and overall have a commitment to medical education.
Click Here to Apply