Performance Appraisal Process
When done correctly, performance appraisals can be an effective tool for motivation and retention. Inversely, it can be an uncomfortable experience for both manager and employee if not conducted appropriately.
The Performance Appraisals are effective when:
- Managing performance on a continuous basis, not only at the time of formal review
- Identify performance expectations by focusing on results rather than behaviors and activities
- Learning how to set specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound (SMART) goals
- Improving communication with employees
- Increasing individual accountability and productivity
- Increasing morale
- Ensuring equitable treatment of employees
I. Training Information:
Please Note: Completed performance appraisals for all non-unit Professional and Classified employees are due by Date: TBD, 2015. As in the past, scanned copies of performance appraisals will be accepted, provided all required signatures are included.
III. Related Articles: