The mission of the Graduate School of Nursing (GSN) at the University of Massachusetts Worcester ( UMW) is to prepare nurse scientists, advanced practice nurses, and nurse leaders who together will improve the health care of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and beyond.
The aims and goals of the Graduate School of Nursing (GSN) are to prepare professional and advanced practice nurses, nurse scientists and educators to:
- Improve health care and outcomes
- Attend to the built environment
- Collaborate on interprofessional education (IPE) initiatives
- Create a research-dynamic environment
- Establish community and professional service linkages with vulnerable populations and communities to meet mutually prioritized health needs through innovative approaches in education, practice and research.
Accreditation: The Master's Degree in Nursing and the Doctor of Nursing Practice at UMass Worcester Graduate School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)