Center for Biomedical Career Development
Our mission is to prepare doctoral and postdoctoral scholars for success in careers that promote the scientific enterprise in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and beyond.
We were recently awarded one of ten inaugural NIH Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training (BEST) grants. In 2014-15, we are launching a professional development co-curriculum and other programs as part of our new Center for Biomedical Career Development. Celebrate and learn more at our October 16 Kickoff Event!
Read more about our new BEST programs
Get started now
- Create your Individual Development Plan using myIDP, or get started in one of our IDP workshops in October and November
- Learn about careers via the special event series this Fall, "Careers in Industry: Spotlight on MassBiologics," featuring weekly panels of PhD scientists representing different roles in the company setting
- Check out books from the GSBS Career & Professional Development special collection in the Lamar Soutter Library
- Take advantage of events and resources offered through the Office of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Network with scientists in industry by attending a company site visit, organized by the Industry Exploration program
- Schedule an appointment to discuss a specific issue related to your own career development (including feedback on job search materials). To schedule an appointment, call 6-5938.
Cynthia Fuhrmann, PhD
Assistant Dean, Career & Professional Development
Morgan Thompson, PhD
Assistant Director, Career Development
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences