- About OGH
The Foreign Project Registration form was created to anticipate and address potential administrative, financial and/or legal issues that may arise in the development and implementation of foreign projects. The form asks investigators to provide details regarding the nature of their project so that the Office of Global Health (OGH), the Office of Research, and the International Project Administration Task Force (IPATF) can advise and better assist investigators through out the project’s lifespan. All projects will be kept on record available to the Office of the Dean.
All UMMS faculty, staff and trainees initiating or renewing a project with an international component.
International components may include but are not limited to:
The foreign project registration form should be completed as soon as planning for any projects with an international component begins and details are sufficiently known.
The form MUST be completed a minimum of 30 days before the project start date in the event of an un-funded project. In the event that the project is funded and handled by the Office of Research, the Foreign Project Registration form must be completed at the time of grant submission to the OOR and a minimum of 60 days before funding begins. Foreign Projects funded by any institutional funds MUST be registered and receive approval prior to disbursement of funds.
Department/Program Approval: The Principal Investigator must obtain appropriate department/program leadership approval and signatures on the foreign project registration form prior to submission to the Office of Global Health.
The Office of Global Health will review the Foreign Project Registration form along with members of the International Project Administration Task Force (IPATF). This means that OGH or IPATF may advise OOR to turn down any outside funding for a project that has been rejected at the Foreign Project Registration form level. An approved FPR with a letter from OGH will be required for grant administration by Office of Research (OOR).
1.Obtain departmental support for the project.
2. Access the form online at http://www.umassmed.edu/globalhealth; in the left menu bar, click “Foreign Project Registration Form.”
3. Complete the form as early as possible. For unfunded projects, the form must be completed a minimum of 30 days before project start date. For funded projects, the form must be completed a minimum of 60 days before project proposal is submitted to the Office of Research.
4. Email the completed form and any accompanying documents to OGH Program Coordinator (email@example.com). Supporting documents should include:
5. OGH and IPATF will make every effort to respond promptly to the Foreign Project Registration request. OGH may coordinate a brief meeting or correspondence among the investigator, project administrator(s) and certain IPATF members to discuss potential issues surrounding legal, human resources, finance and accounting, export control, and/or international safety and security. Depending on the complexity of the project the response time may be longer than 30 days.
6. Keep OGH appraised of any developments or changes made to the project.