Welcome to Fitchburg Family Medicine!
Our program continues its tradition of providing superior Family Medicine residency training in the North Worcester County area as it has for nearly 30 years.
Here are a few highlights about our innovative program:
- UMass is ranked as one of the top 5 academic centers for Primary Care training.
- Our residency is community-based and community-engaged.
- We recognize the importance of family and quality of life for our residents.
- We are dually accredited by the ACGME and by the AOA.
- Our brand new clinical facility opened on July 1, 2014 offering a state-of-the-art design for team-based care and resident instruction.
- Integrated Behavioral Health improves patient care and resident education.
- We lead the nation in providing opiod dependence training to residents.
Interested in a medical student rotation with us? Contact Michael.Smith@umassmemorial.org for more information.
I welcome your application to our program. Please take advantage of the information our website offers and feel free to contact me anytime for more information.
James Ledwith, MD
PLEASE VIEW THIS WEBSITE THROUGH INTERNET EXPLORER 9 or HIGHER, GOOGLE CHROME OR FIREFOX BROWSERS. OTHERWISE THE PAGES IN THIS SITE MAY NOT DISPLAY CORRECTLY.
Want to learn more about resident life in Central MA? Click above to watch a brief video clip about living and training in Leominster and Fitchburg.
UMASS FITCHBURG NEWSLINE
Five-Year Accreditation Awarded by AOA: We are humbled and pleased that our residency was awarded the maximum five-year accreditation granted by the AOA (American Osteopathic Association) upon completion of their 2013 site visit. Thanks to all faculty and staff who were instrumental in this process!
UMass Ranked Top 5 for Primary Care: Check out the 2014 rankings from US News and World Report's annual Best Graduate Schools issue!
HealthAlliance Hospital Again Named "Most Wired": We are proud to announce that HealthAlliance Hospital has once again been named to the prestigious list of "Most Wired" hospitals in the country. This year marks the 16th anniversary of Health Care’s Most Wired Survey and the seventh consecutive year that HealthAlliance Hospital has received a Most Wired Award. Congratulations to the entire hospital!
HealthAlliance Rated Safest MA Hospital: HealthAlliance Hospital rated highest in patient safety
scores according to a new survey in Consumer Reports magazine. Read all about it here.