Office of Research
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Office of Research’s IT Liaison and Product Owner, the Office of Research seeks an individual who can assist with our grant administration and compliance systems development projects. This individual should have an IT background and/or interest in programming/database design and system implementations.
This internship opportunity will allow the individual the opportunity to get real world exposure to good programming processes and what is called 'Agile' development and to demo existing grant software products.
The intern should also have strong communication and documentation skills as it is likely that they would work on testing and documenting our developed systems. This testing and documenting will be a vital part of our development work.
The intern will be working with both the Office of Sponsored Programs and IT on our projects.
- Assists in IT system development efforts for the Office of Research
- Test existing systems
- Document grant system processes
- Assist in review/evaluation of existing grant software programs/systems
- Perform a variety of administrative work involving use of independent judgment, accuracy, speed, and confidentiality.
- Proficiently operate and maintain office equipment.
- Perform work without continuous supervision and coordinate the work of others.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilizes independent judgment, assess priorities, and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the department.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Collaborate with business users, systems analysts and or development teams in defining, analyzing and interpreting business and technical requirements
- Develop technical expertise in programming languages including but not limited to Microsoft.NET (C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET)
- Participate in code and documentation or design reviews according to standards or new specifications
Under the supervision of the Director or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment