Office of Educational Affairs
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision of the Director or designee, the Educational Assistant performs a variety of duties in support of the BaccMD pathway program.
- Assists in logistics coordination for summer enrichment program
- Monitors participants in their classroom and clinical placements
- Serves as a program information resource person, acting as liaison between offices, departments and other locations. Dispenses pertinent information and direction to students, staff, and visitors.
- Establishes, maintains, and ensures proper use of confidential files, which may include student records.
- Chronicles participant activities in the program(s)
- Performs a wide variety of work, including scheduling, database management, word processing, proofreading, filing, recording information, administering tests
- Compiles, develops, and designs reports, handbooks, newsletters, and special projects from a variety of sources.
- Assists with participant and programs evaluations
- Perform a variety of administrative work involving use of independent judgment, accuracy, speed, and confidentiality.
- Proficiently operate and maintain office equipment.
- Perform work without continuous supervision and coordinate the work of others.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilizes independent judgment, assess priorities, and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the department.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Demonstrates proficiency with software applications including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project and Visio.
Under the supervision of the Director or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment